Saturday, February 26, 2011

I usually deal with the furry children.

Parenting is the most important job in the world and has no apparent training system. What kind of set up is that, really? Granted, it is one of the funnier pranks played by the Omnipotent Comedian, but how do people do this on a daily basis?

My cousin Stacy told me that after giving birth to her first child, she was seated in her car, about to drive home from the hospital. Her main thought was, "I'm 22 years old. What are they doing, letting me leave with this baby?"

Mr. D and I have been pals his whole life and I have been fortunate to be allowed to spend time with him. His parents are having some couple time this weekend, so he and Roommate and I are hanging out. Surprisingly enough, Roommate has been the tough-guy with this little man. Usually I'm the hardass. Go figure!

Oh, thank you for asking. Things have gone pretty well with Mr. D. He ate a good dinner, pottied in the big-boy potty [thank you, Roommate] and went to sleep promptly at nap and bedtime. So he woke up, crying, at 0427...that's relatively normal, right?

[yawn] When is naptime, again?

How do parents do this stuff? How do single parents do this stuff? How the hell do parents do this with more than one child? And how insane are those people with the nineteen children???

I need to lie down.

1 comment:

  1. If you find that out, let me know?

    Trial by error? Uhm, good support system? Resilience?

    What do I know? I'm still learning.

    *poof*

    ReplyDelete