Friday, May 13, 2011

Whew!!!

Spicy Cuban Mo rides to the rescue!!! Below is the forwarded blog that disappeared. SUCH a relief! She is so much more than just a pretty face.

In response:

You know by now, darling invisible friend, how I adore the comments made on this blog. Oh, it's not quite the high-pitched squealy talk that accompanies an email with baby koala bear photos, but I am delighted. Almost gleeful.

No, I'm not about to break into a musical number. Different glee.

Anyway. My dear friend Mo, of the spicy Cuban variety, asked some very good questions in her last comment. If you haven't had a chance to peruse them, here they are:




In order to determine how worthless this new machine is, I will need these 3 questions answered:


Question 1: Why is the power going out at this place so often???


Question 2: Can Windex take care of the smudge problem? Or do you need
some sort of new-fangled cleaner for this new centrifuge?


Question 3: Is there an override to make it stop beeping?


If I may, I shall address these questions now. And, as it is my blog, I may. Heh heh heh.

What?

Answer 1) My building has a day surgical suite on its first floor and requires extensive back-up power sources. No one like a power outage mid-surgery. No, really. I'm serious. Then ask a surgeon. Pfft. Many of the outagesoccur in the off hours, to test these sources. These outages do not have the same effect on the lab, of course, but they happen. What does affect the lab is the out-of-the-blue shutdowns due to wind or other weather or just weirdness in general. I don't know why. I do know the Omnipotent Comedian likes to wait until we're mid-spin on a boatload of specimens. No, I don't know why on that one, either.

Answer 2) Windex or another cleaner would/does work on the smudges. But the smudges still appear. Gah! WHY??????

Answer 3) There is no override for the beeping. Not that I've yet discovered, that is. I do, however, have a sledgehammer. I'm calling that Plan B.

My coworker just asked me if I voted for Obama because, she giggled, "He's all about change."

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment