Saturday, March 26, 2011

Six Days and Counting!

Hello, darling. Sorry we missed each other yesterday, but Roommate and I had a Day Out. Yes, thank you, it was a lovely day. We started the day with a quick visit to Rochelle's fabulous doggy boutique; one of her dogs had puppies last month! Even Roommate was made weak by the cuteness. Sadly, all the babies have homes waiting for them, so we could not smuggle them into our home. But look!

Yes, there were squealing noises made. Okay, mostly by me. And I know, we don't need another dog. But ohhhhhhh. Babies!!!!

Ow! Jeeze. That hurt. I accept that I was getting a little out of control, but do you blame me?

Tcha! Fine.

Moving on.

After that, we went up to Vancouver, British Columbia. We met a friend, we had lunch, we bopped around Grenville Island, we played tourist. On our way home, we picked up Big Head Ted. A lovely day. Lovely! And I needed it to be, as it was my one day off in eleven days.

That sounds whiny, doesn't it? Okay, whinier than usual. Shut it. And normally, a day off in an eleven day stretch wouldn't be that big of a deal. But I'm antsy.

Ask me why! Ask me why!!

Okay, since you asked...I have time off coming up! And not just any time off. I have...

[Wait for it.]

APRIL off.

That's right! The whole darn month! I know!

Now, before you get too excited, it's not all going to be fun and games. Some fun. The occasional game. But not all. I am taking this month to work on my next book.

Can you believe it???

So. I will be staying at the lake cabin for part of the month, working away at my next WIP. There will be breaks to watch hockey and conversations with my wee beastie, who will be along for the ride. Roommate may pop out for the odd weekend with the beagles. GF Jen may drive up for a few days of intensive editing on my present WIP. I may beg Kristen to take a day from the hordes of animals and family to do the same. [She might laugh mockingly. At this point, we don't know.] But copious volumes of writing will occur.

And NO work-work. Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!

That's right. The lab will be a Lisa-Marie-free zone. Someone else will have to be snarky and passive-aggressive! Naturally, I have every faith in my coworkers' ability to bitch, moan and complain and I don't think my absence will be noticed.

Well, except for the baking. They might notice that.

Sigh. I'm so excited I could plotz.

1 comment:

  1. When April graces all with springly breeze
    We hope we can espy a writing lass
    Upon a deck chair sitting at her ease
    With close at hand a bev'rage in a glass.
    Then furrowing her brow, she'll start to type
    A work in progress blooming on the page
    Just thirty days to make ideas ripe
    Amid the swings of mood 'twixt hope and rage.
    For crap is fertilizer, this we know
    The mulch of compost yielding up new life
    A wonder on the page, we trust will grow
    Brought up by both tranquility and strife.
    When from May's side, on April we do look
    Perhaps 'twill be while holding a new book.

    ReplyDelete