Friday, March 11, 2011

The House Guest


This is the dog we like to call Big Head Ted.

He's part shepherd and part mastiff. We think. There might be some mastodon mixed in. No one is sure.

I think he weighs in at about 160 pounds. He takes up most of a queen sized bed.

And yes, he does snore a little.




These are the paws of the dog we like to call Big Head Ted.
And for a frame of reference on size, please note terrier near paws. They're almost as big as her head. Being the little darling that she is, however, she forgets that thinking she's a big dog doesn't actually make her a big dog.
Fortunately for the terrier, Big Head Ted is easily fooled and also believes she is the larger dog.

These are the claws on the paws of the dog we like to call Big Head Ted.
Perhaps better described as talons, Big Head Ted's nails are in desperate need of a pedicure. Do wish me luck.

These are a couple of the scratches caused by the claws that are attached to the paws of the dog we like to call Big Head Ted.
Yes. A sensitive area. He didn't mean to do it, of course, he was just excited to see me when I picked him up this evening.
It's going to be a fun weekend.
Please excuse me now. I don't want my bedside light to disturb the dogs' sleep. That would be awful.

2 comments:

  1. What a sweet looking pup. When you're done with BHT, can you come over and do my crew? No?

    Darn, guess that means I might need to find the clippers....

    Hope you're weekend is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular post sounds like a Dr Suess book. Maybe you could write childrens books about dogs under an alias. You could go with Alias Marie. I would leave out the gorey pics of scratches that might just scare the kiddies.

    ReplyDelete