Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ah HA!

All right, maybe this was cheating, but I just found a way to have a decent weigh-in at Weight Watchers.

Hey, I see you, rolling your eyes and judging me! Just because you're invisible doesn't mean you can't be seen. Okay, that's exactly what it means, but...oh, you know what I mean. Look, hear me out, then judge. All right?

Thank you. This is what's been happening.

The Chocolate Beast has been roaring the past week or two and my eating hasn't been as...pristine, shall we say, as one might wish. Oh, I'm still coloring within the lines, but I've been pushing my boundaries a bit. And as you know, my loathing for exercise is ocean deep and mountain high, so other than a teensy bit of walking and some wood chopping, not a lot of caloric burn has been going on there.

Although, now that I think of it, this might not be strictly the case. You see, I suck at chopping wood. I do. It's mortifying. Roommate, AKA Paulina Bunyan, has chopped about 90% of the wood stack we have in our back yard. Given that the stack is two rows deep, three to four feet high, that's...um...hang on.

Google. Oh, how I love thee.

Okay, that's almost two cords of wood! Much more precise than butt-load, huh? And please, don't ask me to convert it to metric.

Gah! Fine. Hang on. Here: 5.95 cubic meters. Happy? Two full cords would be closer to 7.07 cubic meters, but we don't have quite that much.

And now my brain is bleeding and I have to lie down.

.
.
.
.
.
.

Okay. I'm better. Where were we?


Oh, yes. I suck at chopping wood. BUT! This may be a benefit to me, as I have to expend much more effort for the same result, and therefore, am burning more calories every time I attempt.

This, however, is not my point.

My point is, I hadn't been as Weight-Watcher-wonderful as I might have been, and was resigned to a not-stellar weigh-in last night. Then




The Puget Sound Blood Center bus was parked outside my building, waiting for donors. I saw the bus and I thought:





  1. I haven't donated for a while.


  2. I haven't had an accidental needlestick in over a year.


  3. I would be out if the lab for at least 20 minutes.


  4. I have weigh-in tonight. How much does a unit weigh?


Did you know that a unit of blood is approximately 1.1 pound? Or half a kilogram? Why, yes! Yes, it is!!! And after I gave blood, I got a cookie and some V8! Mmmmm!



And I lost 2.4 pounds this week. Heh heh heh.



Okay, it wasn't due to my hard work or adherence to the program. And I may go up in weight next week. And I won't be able to pull this crap again for a couple of months.



But right now, I don't care. 2.4 pounds.



Heh heh heh.

1 comment:

  1. That, my friend, is hysterical. And 2.4 pounds lost is awesome. and Paulina Bunyan?? It will be hard to avoid calling her that next time we talk! Too funny. The important thing is that she look the part during the actual chopping. Overalls?? A hat perhaps?? That wood pile sounds impressive!

    ReplyDelete