Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Toes Have It.



I was going to write you a quick note yesterday, darling invisible friend, to let you know how the first session with the personal trainer went. I was going to do this, but it all turned out like this:


Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow.
Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.


So I decided against it.


Anyway, despite the massive "discomfort" of being two days past a workout, Roommate and I had the distinct pleasure of spending time with the lovely and delightful Laura. Laura is married to one of my favorite people, coworker John. We love John, but after having spent time with Laura, he may have to move down on the Favorites List.


She's just that good. We plan on keeping her.


No, we haven't consulted her. Why do you ask?


So we stole Laura away today and forced her to have a ladies' day with us and yes, of course, pedicures were involved. It was lovely and afterward, we just felt so darn pretty, we went lingerie shopping.


No, I won't go on about that part.


Then it was off to lunch and talking talking talking. I even let Roommate and Laura get a word in. I did, so.


All in all, it was such a nice day. Good friends, good food. Three televised games of hockey after we got home. A fire in the fireplace. A clove-cinnamon bundt cake cooling in the kitchen. Dogs sleeping soundly. It almost makes up for the fact that my abdominal muscles keep screaming at me every time I move.


Ow.

No comments:

Post a Comment