Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Happy Sigh

I'm working, I swear I am. But this was for a birthday, and the lady who ordered the birthday yummy will make a donation to Roommate's 3-Day Walk fund. Yes, she's doing the walk again this year. I know. How noble! How dedicated! How utterly wackadoodle!

But that's Roommate. As you can see, I did some old favs for the cakes today. Four-layer coconut cake with dark chocolate sauce and clove bundt cake with peach sauce. The nice lady emailed after the party and told me that not a scrap was left of the coconut cake and only some left of the bundt. I think she must have recognized that after I make cakes and give them to other people, I immediately start thinking the worst and need all the emotional reassurance I can get. I know it's ridiculous. I know! But something could go horribly awry, you know. It could. It could!

Fine. Mock the afflicted.

Oh! I almost forgot. One of the ladies who let Roommate and me in the building with arms-full of cakes and sauces asked if the clove bundt was made from scratch.

[snort]

You'd be so proud! I only paused a moment and smirked a little when I said, "Yes."

It was almost as good as the time Mo [at work, not spicy Cuban Mo] asked what type of cake mix I used for my carrot cake with triple cream frosting. After appropriate expressions of shock and horror were emitted, Mo said, "As soon as I said that, I wanted to reach into the air and pull the words back."

Oh, darling. Haven't we all felt that way?

In the meantime, it's the first night of NHL Playoffs and the Canucks shut out the Blackhawks. Lovely. Just lovely.

Yay!!!!

3 comments:

  1. of course please keep in mind that I was not raised in a household where deserts were ever made from scratch, and a mix was the closest to "from scratch" that I ever got. Now that you feel sufficiently sorry for me, please be sure to overnight me any yummy desert to make up for the horrible post traumatic stress your blog has brought up. Red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting should make me whole again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd love to see your cake land on my table. Well, the coconut one because...omg, coconut and I have a serious problem.

    I'm not too picky...lol.....


    back to the shadows...poof!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto for what Mo said, My answer is Duncan Hines, NOT! I am partial to chocolate cake though, hint, hint.....
    Lastboyscout out

    ReplyDelete