Monday, September 24, 2012

Another Return

Yes, it's that time of year.  Actually, it's not quite that time of year yet, but since the first day of fall happened over the weekend, I decided to do a surprise Soup Day.  That's why I made the sign.

I showed the sign to X-ray Andy, whom I adore, darling little cueball that he is, and he exclaimed, "Why didn't you tell me?"

Well.  Because it was a surprise Soup Day.  Hence the sign.

Fortunately, Andy is more than just a pretty face and he put the pieces together quickly.  I adore Andy.

The soups are nothing special or even particularly good, but it's been a long and soupless summer, so I'm hoping I get a pass. 

The cookies turned out well, though.  New recipe, called Butter Bars, though with the melted colored sugar on the top I felt they should be called Brulee Butter Bars.  I wanted to bring in cookies, but didn't want to shape the dough, put the cookie sheet in the oven, shape the next batch, trade out the cookie--snnnnnnnnnnn.

What?  Oh, sorry.  Even I fell asleep on that one.

Soup Day has returned.  Let the rejoicing begin.






No comments:

Post a Comment