Wednesday, April 11, 2012

PLAYOFFS!!!!!!

Okay, I've held back on this topic. Mostly because I don't want to send you into a coma, dearest, but also because I know teasing will commence. Let's go over this one more time before we commence.




  1. I am not a Canadian.

  2. Despite the fact that Canada is a lovely, lovely country, I am not moving to Canada.

  3. One does not have to be Canadian to appreciate the game of hockey.

All clear? Excellent. Let's move on. Ahem.

STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS START TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I am excited. Thank you for asking. I looked at the schedule for the first round of the playoffs, though, and turned to Roommate. "I'm very, very sorry," I told her with utmost sincerity.

She nodded with grave resignation. "I can still watch tv on Mondays and Tuesdays," she replied wistfully. This is true, btw. I work long days at my hideous job on Mondays and Tuesdays and Roommate has the house all to herself until I drag myself in at nine-thirty or ten.

But tonight! Tonight!!! The Philadelphia Flyers will play the Pittsburgh Penguins. Yeah. It won't be pretty. Hopefully they'll be able to get the blood cleaned off the ice in time for Game Two.

Then! The Detroit Red Wings will play the Nashville Predators. This should be a very interesting series. I'm not sure whom I support in this one. Nashville is a good team, but Detroit...come on. They have to live in Detroit, fer chrissakes. Shouldn't they get to win for that alone?

And finally, the Vancouver Canucks will face the Los Angeles Kings. Oh, my darling Canucks. My nearest thing to a hometown team. Please win. Please win it all.


All of these games will be televised and televised on channels I actually have. I could go home early and watch them ALL. Given this information, do you really think I'm going to make it to the Weight Watchers meeting tonight?


I didn't think so, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment