Tuesday, April 10, 2012

NYC? Or...

Spicy Cuban Mo suggested that friend Betsy and I visit New York City for our July travel plans. Very tempting. Okay, perhaps not so tempting to Betsy, as she can pop up to NYC anytime---she lives outside of Philadelphia. But it would be lovely to see my spicy Cuban friend again.

It's been a very long time. I have missed her so. And her insanely cute shih tzu Lulu. Oh, and her hubby. Love him! He's not as cute as the shih tzu, but come on. Who/what is?

Then again, Chicago might be a reasonable midway point for us.


"I think that's how Chicago got started. Bunch of people in New York said, 'Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough. Let's go west.'"
--Richard Jeni


Chicago. I'd love to go to Chicago again. There's so much to do there, so much to see. And it's easy walking because of its flatness.

Chicago is, however, in the Midwest. And humidity in the Midwest in July is its own level of hell. Not that I don't enjoy sweating like a whore in church--oh, wait. I don't actually enjoy it. Gah.

How expensive could Italy be, really?

3 comments:

  1. So funny, I'll be in Chicago next week...for work. Not quite the same as vacation but it's a good SECOND city. Also, I'll be in your neck of the wood lat June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my vote is for NY. But hey, are you saying the humidity in Chicago is worse than hot yoga?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been to chi town. And I love new york. always something to do there.

    :)

    ReplyDelete