Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

This is not my wee beastie, but oh! Does this dog have it right! HRHTM would totally love these candy hearts.

In regards to my Valentine's Day, I spent some quality time this morning with my valentines, AKA the dogs. Yes, yes, I did. Because last night, around midnight, my Fabulous Neighbor called. FN had gone to the walk-in clinic with Roommate for several hours earlier that evening; she was very unwell.

"I have something to tell you," she said, "but you can't freak out."

I clamped down the lock on the freak-out button in my brain and said, "Okay."

"You won't freak out?"

"I won't freak out. What's going on?"

FN took a deep breath. "I'm having chest pain and heaviness in my chest."

"Okay," I said calmly. "Then we're going to the ER."

It was the best Valentine's Day ever. Hearts. Okay, cardiac testing, but close enough. Flowers. Sent by FN's daughter. And, considering that the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show was on last night and is finishing up tonight, none of which I will see due to our time in the ER, tremendous acts of love. The four hours of sleep I got with the dogs was merely the ribbon on the package.

Ah, love. What a beautiful thing. Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. You are a good friend. The outcome of the ER visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was admitted and is still there as of Wednesday evening. Things are much improved and no cardiac damage was detected. YAY!

    ReplyDelete