Sunday, February 12, 2012

How nice is that???




Roommate, in the words of a fairly memorable Saturday Night Live skit, "has been berry, berry good to me." Not only did she run to the store--twice--for ingredients for me on Saturday, but she came home with lobster tails and asparagus, which made it into tonight's dinner. How nice, you might be thinking...but what makes this particularly kind?

Well...

Roommate isn't fond of shellfish. And she loathes asparagus.

Yeah, more for me, I know. But she buys this stuff because she knows I love it; knowing, too, that she will be served food with this stuff in it. Except the asparagus. Nothing is going to force Roommate to eat asparagus. Don't ask her. She won't do it. And glaring will ensue if you try.

Word to the wise: Don't try.

Roommate was also left unattended at our latest Weight Watchers meeting and bought this for me:



I don't think the people at Weight Watchers intended it for making cakes, cookies, pies and other naughties, but we're not telling them. Keep it under your hat, would you?



Roommate. What a good egg she is. I'm really going to miss her when she finally gets sick of my crap and moves out.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww, it's a really touching moment when someone buys groceries they don't like just because they know you do!

    ReplyDelete