Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tongue, meet Cheek.

"Since I'm going to hell anyway," I began as Maureen drove me home last night, "I really think I ought to be getting something out of it." One hears so much about selling one's soul to the devil, after all. And in my current position, I certainly feel like I'm sacrificing the majority of my time and almost all of my feelings of self-worth. Such as they are. Doesn't it follow, then, that maybe I should just do the soul-selling thing, and at least be solvent enough to leave this place?

Sadly, and inconveniently, I have no idea how one goes about selling one's soul. Google supplied this web page, but again, the actual process and contact information was excluded. [NB: I do not blame Google for this.] Another website instructs its readers on the ways of selling souls and serving the devil after doing so.

Hmm. I don't think so. I serve way too many craptastic, megalomaniacal bosses as it is. I really don't need the pile of nonsense of dealing with the war between heaven and hell. I mean, come on. Look what happened last time.

Sigh. There has got to be a better way.

1 comment:

  1. You, my dear, are, and always will be a freak. It's why I adore you so.

    ReplyDelete