Friday, June 22, 2012

The new addition!!!!

See, this is why I don't usually go antique shopping.

It's not that I needed another teapot.  I have...um...nineteen of them.  And while this wasn't an expensive teapot, I certainly didn't need to spend money on it.

But look at it! It's pretty and swirly and it has a comfortable handle! It's got the cool hook-y bit that keeps the lid on the pot while pouring. And it's a happy color. It goes with my growing collection of
of Paragon china, the commemorative pattern designed to honor the birth of Queen Elizabeth's younger sister.  Princess Margaret Rose.  It's so pretty, too.  It's got parakeets and rosebuds and the rosebuds are raised--

Never mind.  Here.  Look:
See?????

The soft yellow with the bolder yellow of the teapot?  And the center of the daisies?  How adorable is this?

It blends.  It looks nice with my pale green Depression glass.  Can't you just imagine coming to tea at my house and having your scone and tea sannies on this plate, your tea poured out of the sunny yellow pot?  Doesn't it just make you feel pretty?

Oh, don't be silly.  You are pretty.  Almost as pretty as my new teapot.

You know what?  I changed my mind.  I did actually need it.

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! Love the yellow teapot...short and stout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did need it! I love the teapot. I'm the same - I can't resist cake stands and cake plates.

    Love the sound of your depression glass - I love that too

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "scones". When should I be there?

    ReplyDelete